Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Taming of the Frizz: Jumbled.....

So, I've briefly posted on crazy baby symptoms here and here. And now it is Wednesday and time to post something good, something meaningful, something that helps me, and hopefully someone else, see God a little clearer.

Remember when I wrote about the book I'm reading here?

This is a post on that book again. I finally decided to move on from the junk drawer question, because, honestly, I know I'm holding a lot in, but it seems whenever I try to deal with it, relationships with those I love completely go insane and plummet and I don't like that.
So, moving on.

In the same chapter of 7 Ways to Be A S.M.A.R.T.E.R Mom, Ms. Johnson talks about her third pregnancy. And her post-partum depression. And while I am not diagnosed with post-partum depression (because, you know, baby isn't here yet), I'm on the radar for depression issues. Johnson made a statement that I absolutely relate to, one I've actually said myself "I've had two perfectly normal, healthy, easy pregnancies. This shouldn't be happening to me."

When I find myself completely unable to think of what to do next because I'm so totally overwhelmed with all that needs to be done, when I find myself railing against somebody for their stupidity (and sadly, this has included God), when I am just ready to hire a nanny and yet sit at home because I can't let my kids jump on me one more time.... and then someone says "oh, it's just pregnancy" my response is always "I've had two perfectly normal, healthy, easy pregnancies. This shouldn't be happening to me."



But it does happen. And I know that. But sitting at lunch on Monday, finally getting back to this book, reading about someone else, who had had two enviably easy pregnancies suddenly have issues with her third... I don't know. It reached me where I needed it. I'm not crazy. I'm not the only one to have problems after something that has been so easy before. And honestly, at this point, my problems aren't as bad as hers were (which included various physical issues as well).

I don't like to say "God put this book here just for me" because I know many others have read Ms. Johnson's book as well. But maybe, just maybe, God gave me 20 minutes at McDonald's to pull that book out and read those few paragraphs.

I'm praying this week God gives you the time to discover something wonderful as well.

No comments: