Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Taming of the Frizz: Book stuff

So, for Christmas, Mr. Curly bought me "7 Ways to be a S.M.A.R.T.E.R Mom." Before you think "Wow, what a jerk, buying self-help books for his wife," you should know I requested it.

And it is as awesome as I thought it would be.

It's also taking a LONG time to read. I've had it for 2.5 weeks and I've read the intro and 1.5 chapters. But it's because she keeps asking questions!

The question I read last Friday and I keep pouring over is this "What is in your junk drawer?"

And she doesn't mean your kitchen junk drawer. She means your emotional junk drawer, your mental junk drawer - that place in your mind where you stuff everything you don't know what to do with until it's so full you just explode with it all.

My junk drawer must have exploded and is now spread all over the room, because I feel as if I can't take one more thing on. I feel overwhelmed by the very little that is my responsibility now. I cannot wait for Curly Baby to be born so I can take a break from work. Even better would be the house selling NOW so I can take a break NOW.

I'm not sure that a maternity break is going to clear up the junk that is piling around my feet, but it sure sounds good.

Verse for today, for the week, month, year: The last part of 1 John 3:20, from The Message:
For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves.

Rather comforting, isn't it?

No comments: