Tuesday, February 1, 2011

You've no matter of luck about you at all.

So, after the egg salad post I was feeling pretty confident in my cooking. I made something from almost nothing.

And then we had a potluck on Sunday and it took almost nothing to ruin something.

I LOVE making Pampered Chef's Mexican Chicken Lasagna in my stoneware baker. It's 10 minute prep, 15 minutes in the microwave and it's amazing. Though I call mine chicken enchilada lasagna and have tweaked the recipe a bit, the link I give is how I originally ate it and it was awesome that way too.

Anyway, I made this for the potluck on Sunday. Only I didn't have a microwave. No biggie, I thought, I'll put it in the oven. So I set my awesome oven to start at 10:30 and cook for an hour at 350 degrees and shut off. And then I didn't get back to my oven until 12:00.
So yeah, 1.5 hours at 350 is NOT equal to 15 minutes in the microwave.

The edges were burnt, we couldn't get the bottom layer out.... everyone was really gracious and said it was good, but wow, do I know better.

And then there was the dessert. I made rice krispie treats with peanut butter. Have you ever melted marshmallows on the stove? I usually make RKTs in the microwave, but as stated above, no microwave. So I spent half an hour melting marshmallow and peanut butter on the stove top, spilt at LEAST 3 cups of cereal on the floor and finally got the treats done.

They were hard as rocks. No idea how that happened, but they were awful.

So yeah, all my bragging about a cooking show, well as the post title says, I have no matter of luck about me at all.

Post title from Pirates of the Caribbean

No comments: