- Do not fret (v1)
- Trust in the Lord and do good (v3)
- Delight yourself in the Lord (v4)
- Commit your way to the Lord (v5)
- Be still before the Lord and wait patiently (v7)
- Refrain from anger and turn from wrath (v8)
- Turn from evil and do good (v27)
- Hope in the Lord and keep his way. (v34)
I had the blessing this week of God providing before we even knew the need. He does that, you know. Not always, but sometimes. Through out the last 4 years (Mr. Curly's official, out of seminary ministry), I have learned that God tends to provide before I even see the need when I am fully trusting in Him, not worrying about where my daily bread will come from, or how we'll pay for whatever, or what we'll do about problem such-and-such.
And yet, even when I am practicing fully trusting, delighting in God's provision and fully commiting my way to Him, I fret, and I am not very still or patient.
I thank God that He loves me anyway, that He provides anyway, even when I struggle to fully follow His commands.
Read Psalm 37 with me this week, think about those do's and don'ts. And if you feel like it - share what God says to you, or what your hardest one to follow is.
As for me, I'm going to go work on that not fretting being patient thing.