Monday, December 16, 2013

Growing Courage

I was scanning facebook the other day, keeping up with people I haven't seen for awhile, and suddenly had this thought:

I remember who I was, and I know who I am now, and I really wish I would've had the courage to be myself long before I hit, well, the age I am now.

I feel so blessed that Mr. Curly saw through all my posturing, and attempts to be someone who  I wasn't, and saw the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.
I am so blessed to have friends who have accepted the changes in me as I grow more in courage and individuality.

And I thank God for those changes, for helping me grow.

It hasn't been easy.  My heart was hurt long ago, and has been hurt since, but I'm sure I've done my fair share of hurting others too.
But some good things have happened too.  I've made friends I never would've considered as a self-conscious teenager, I've had fun that I normally would've held back from.

For those who have encouraged my growth, thank you.  For those who have loved me all along, thank you even more.

Ok, weird post for Christmas time - I'll let you get back to your holiday cheer now!

No comments: