Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Man Down!

Monday morning my computer turned off at 9:00 am, and refuses to turn back on.  It's like it isn't even plugged in (but it is, I double triple quadruple checked).  Mr. Curly thinks we blew a fuse.

So I am computerless.  I'm writing this from Mr. Curly's laptop he is kindly letting me borrow.  After one day of no computer, I've learned several things -

1. I sit down at the computer a LOT during the day, even if only for a few minutes.
2. My bank account is helpless without a computer.
3. My desk, while always messy, gets even messier when it isn't being used.
4. I'm terrified of the moment when my kids realize they can't play their pbskids or abcya.com games!

So we're weighing options.  Fix this computer?  The hard drive is only a year old.  Build a new one? Buy a laptop?  Buy an ipad?

Ugh.

You know, it is tax season.  Ours aren't done yet, but will be soon (hopefully).  But the whole tax return plan was get rid of that stinkin' credit card bill.  I don't really want to buy a new computer.
But I don't really want to be without one either.  My iphone is awesome, still one of the best birthday gifts ever, but it just can't replace my computer.

Any thoughts?

No comments: