However, I thought I'd give us a few promises from Psalm 37 for encouragement:
Psalm 37:18, 19, 23-26, 37, 39-40
- The blameless spend their days in the Lord's care....
- In times of disaster they will not whither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.
- The lord makes firm the steps of those who delight in him; though they stumble, they will not fall, for the Lord upholds them with His hand.
- I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be a blessing.
- A future awaits those who seek peace....
- The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in Him.