Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oh to be June Cleaver....

As my profile says - I strive to be that 1950's housewife.  I adore June Cleaver - her house is clean, she makes full course meals everyday, her boys come to her for advice, her boys's friends are respectful, and her husband adores her and listens to her.

So, when Mr. Curly shared this article here about aprons and the housewife, I just knew I had to pass it on.

I have several patterns all ready to make myself some June Cleaver dresses.  I might not take it that far, as I really adore my jeans with heels and a classic button-up, but I'm definitely going for the aprons now. Maybe on those afternoons when I should be cleaning and yet feel like watching TV instead, an apron will help me get my work done with still time to spare.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I love wearing aprons! It makes me feel so much more "Martha Stewart"-like minus the prison sentence :)