Monday, March 12, 2012

It's called reading - top to bottom, left to right....

Friday was an absolutely glorious day.  Mr. Curly took the WHOLE DAY off, we went into town and ate out on money I made selling baby clothes, made MORE money selling bottles, spent some great time outside, ate a decent meal, and got the kids into bed by 8:00.

8:20 - cue Curly Girl.  She gets up every night at this time for one of three reasons: 1) Use the bathroom 2) find some toy she just has to sleep with or 3) Tell us about her dream or that she just can't sleep better.
Friday night was no different.

What was different was that at 9:45, I headed down the hallway to use the bathroom, and found Curly Girl sitting outside her bedroom door next to her bookcase.  She had her lion pillow, was surrounded by books, and was reading by the light of the bathroom night lamp.

Part of me is super proud of this.  When I asked her what she was doing, she said "I just wanted to read some more!" (She had spent part of supper prep time reading stories to her little brothers).  And then she got very sad and went to bed crying because I told her it was too late to be reading.
So, yeah, part of me is proud - I used to read by the light of my night light long after my bedtime (we blame my bad eyes on the poor lighting).

Part of me is a little annoyed that my daughter was up almost 2 hours after her bedtime and I didn't know it!  She's a sneaky little thing!

Honestly, it was a great find.  I'm glad she enjoys reading that much.  And considering she was up at 7:00 the next morning and not cranky at all the whole day, it obviously wasn't that big of a deal.

Post title from Tommy Boy.

No comments: