Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Prayers Answered

If you've been a long time follower of the blog, you know a little bit about the church struggle in SD, the move to IA, and a few of the prayer requests we've had along the way.

I'm a little ashamed to say it, but now that we've been preaching in IA over a year, and have lived here for 10 months, I'm just now realizing God answered all those prayers I had.

For a ministerial move, which would include Mr. Curly putting the dream of church planting on the shelf for a little while and me leaving another job, there were the following prayers:

That Mr. Curly would find a congregation to grow and work with, one that loved him, that he loved, and that sought God's heart.
That we would both find healing and growth in our badly bruised faith.
That we would have family friends - which means friends for Mr. Curly, for myself and for each of the Curly kids.
That our Curly Baby would be healthy and strong.
That Mr. Curly would regain confidence in his preaching and ability to lead people.
That I would find a place in the community, whether that meant a job, or volunteer work, or whatever God would lead me to.

We love our church family, they are so good to us.  And Mr. Curly's preaching has grown and changed - he has much more confidence in his delivery, in the messages God gives him.  Sunday's are no longer a day we dread.
While Mr. Curly never lost his faith in God and his calling, he had lost faith in himself to complete what God called him to.  I can see now each week that his faith and trust that he can do this job has been restored.  And my faith that we are following God's will has been restored, renewed, strengthened - all the things it needs!
We have friends we see at least once a week - the entire family has friends!
Curly Baby is definitely healthy and strong!  All those articles I read about stress and effects they had on babies?  Curly Baby must not have read them.
And while I don't have a job, and I'm not doing volunteer work, I am now a Sunday School teacher, and I am comfortable in my community and attending the opportunities made available to it's citizens.

God has not only answered all our prayers, but given us more than we asked for.  I feel very unworthy of our blessings, but am trying each day to give a prayer of thanks for those blessings, and pass some on in some way.

Ephesians 3:20-21
 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

2 comments:

Jen Shafer said...

Thank you for the reminder to look back at all the things God HAS done in our lives.

P.S. I have read that some stress during pregnancy helps the baby's brain development. Our kids are going to be GENIUSES!

C. Beth said...

That's awesome! What a cool testimony.