Thursday, January 19, 2012

Slower than molassess in January

Slower than molasses in January.
Otherwise entitled: Kansas Snowmen Cookies, or When they say molasses, use something sticky


These are supposed to be Oatmeal Drop Cookies.  See how there is very little oatmeal?

Interesting, huh?

I didn't have enough brown sugar to make stir-n-drop cookies, so I found this recipe instead.  It came from a Betty Crocker Cooky Book (as did the s&d cookies).
It called for molasses, which I didn't have.  But I did have enough brown sugar to do a molasses to brown sugar conversion - same flavor, less stickiness.

I'm guessing that's why my cookies came out looking like KS Snowmen - you know, little bit of snow, lots of dirt and grass?

So instead of oatmeal raisin cookies, we have cinnamon cookies with bits of oatmeal and raisins in them.  I probably should've used maple syrup.
Oh well - they are still delicious!  And I covered all the oatmeal and raisins that wouldn't stick to the dough with peanut butter and agave nectar, chilled, rolled into balls - and now I have more no-bake energy bites!

No comments: