Thursday, December 8, 2011

Go light your world

One of the gifts we recieved at Thanksgiving was a set of ABC Scripture Cards.  My sister-in-law and I read the same blog - I Can Teach My Child - and these were offered on that site.  The Curly Kids aunt printed and laminated them for us to go along with our homeschooling.

Curly Girl's first letter after receiving these cards was Y.  The verse - You are a light to the world - like a city on a hill that cannot be hidden.

So, since Curly Girl learns better with art projects, we made yellow paper lanterns to reinforce the letter Y and the verse, and to practice our cutting skills.
These are samples of what I made while she practiced writing Y.  Her's were much better and had the Bible verse written around the top and bottom, but of course, I don't have pictures of those.

It is a great thing to add to our daily projects and is offering new ways for us to learn!

No comments: