Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Blessings in the bathroom


I realized the other morning, that I couldn't remember when I first felt the desire for children. I know that when Mr. Curly and I talked about babies, we wanted to wait until he had graduated from seminary before we had any kids, but don't remember seeing a baby and saying "I need one!"

But I do know that when I thought about having kids, I never imagined there would come a day when we had only one bathroom and that bathroom would contain a booster potty, a trainer potty and a bathseat all at the same time.




God has taken my desire to have all my children before the age of 30, and the desire to have Mr. Curly out of school first (making me 25 before the first was born) to give Mr. Curly and I three lovely children with a gap of only 3.5 years before the first and the last.

I wouldn't have it any other way.
Today I thank God for using the bathroom to remind me what a great blessing He has given me in each of my children - and to look at our times in that room as something to smile and be thankful for.

No comments: