Monday, July 11, 2011

Is it a new year yet?

So, yeah, wow. Curly Baby's first two months FLEW by, and I realized earlier this week I've been telling everybody he's 3 months old and he's not yet!
Technically our church's fiscal year began June 1. Personally, I feel as if last Wednesday night (July 6) began a new year for Mr. Curly and myself, or maybe just a new chapter in life?
Wednesday night Mr. Curly was officially ordained as an elder in the Church of the Nazarene. To be ordained you must complete 4 years of study, be a full time pastor for 3 years, obtain a local, then district minister's license and keep it current and go through a formal interview.
Wednesday night Mr. Curly was ordained by the same man who called my father to his first church, who was present at my father's ordination, who dedicated me and my brother when we were just babies.... Needless to say it was an incredibly awesome moment. The Iowa district superintendent even let my dad pray over Mr. Curly and I and our ministry even though Dad isn't a pastor on the Iowa district (though he is an ordained elder in the Church of the Nazarene and since we're all family the state doesn't really matter).
Wednesday night was the first ordination service I didn't fall asleep in. It was the first ordination service I sat through, listening to a great message and felt such an excitement to be part of Mr. Curly's ministry, part of a church family, part of a larger mission.
So while it isn't a new year on the calendar, and it isn't a new fiscal year, for me, it is a new year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

New beginnings are good. I am proud of you both.

Mom