Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Taming of the Frizz: Not forgetting

I am extremely hopeful that after the move this Friday, the stress of our life reduces. I battle cynicism daily by praying "Dear God, please. It seems like it will be such a good thing for our family, please make it so."

I know in the beginning there will be some new stresses to replace the old - like Mr. Curly searching for an extra job until the house sells. All in all though, I really do think things have a great potential to be better for us all in so many different ways.

But this is the verse I want to keep close:
"Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them."
Deuteronomy 4:9

God has brought us through so much here, has taught us so much, has given us multiple blessings just in time. While I often have lamented that I did not want my faith stretched farther, and while I am grateful to have a new direction, I don't want to look back at this time and only see bad. I want to look back and see a challenge that God brought us through, even though in the world's eyes, and in our eyes honestly, we lost so much in going through it.

But God is still here. As I tell Curly Girl each night when she asks about monsters - God is always with us, because He loves us very very much and He will protect us from the monsters.

I believe God has protected us from many things. I hope in time I can see them all and be grateful for these (now past) challenges.

No comments: