Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I've never seen so many beautiful Christmas lights....


Another Taming of the Frizzy Season!

This week in Advent is the week of Light, or the week of the The Way. Both, of course, refer to Jesus.


In my cubicle at work, I have a picture of the sun rising over fog and clouds. Beneath it, I've pinned these verses:

"In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world."
John 1:4-5, 9


In some versions, it says "the darkness has not overcome it." I can't remember what version of the Bible I found those exact words in, but I've had them over my desk for about 4 years now. It may just be the closest I've ever come to having a favorite Bible verse.


Christmas time, of course, includes in it's decorations, lights. Lots and lots of lights of all sizes and shapes, wattage and colors. Curly Girl LOVES them. It doesn't matter if the house we're passing only has tree in the window, or is lighting the street with it's display, her response is always the same:
"Look at the Chris-as lights! They're so pretty! They're my favorite!"

At this time of year, take a moment to marvel in the beautiful lights and trees (watch the date scene from ELF when Buddy is showing Jovie all the trees in NYC he likes - it makes me almost cry), and remember, that Jesus is shining even brighter, wanting us all to turn to Him and accept his love, grace and hope.



Post title from The Grinch

No comments: