Friday, December 10, 2010

I'm just a writer.... I only have words.

My brother will tell you that I wrote about 10 stories a day growing up. When I read back on all the writing I did, I think I actually re-wrote one story about twice a week. I'm not impressed with my originality, though I am impressed with my volume.

I've always loved writing. I've always wanted to write a novel, or a biography, or SOMETHING that could be published and people would read and enjoy. This blog is the closest I've ever gotten to that.

And then, one of the blogs I follow (The Penultimate Word) posted about short, tiny little stories inspired by Ernest Hemingway. Called "Hint Fiction" they are 25 words or less and yet a complete story.

See the entire post on Hint Fiction here.

I'm going to try my hand at these.
They may not be publishable, but they will be challenging. I think they will force me to grow as a writer, jump start something more original than I've ever written before, and maybe even lead to something that could actually be published.


Post title from Alex & Emma

No comments: