Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It got kind of dodgy in the middle, but, wow, what a finale!

This post would better be off titled "Randomness" but since it is random, I decided to use my favorite quote from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Yesterday, Mr. Curly officiated his second funeral, this one for a dear, retired pastor who has been an amazing mentor and friend. Two other pastors helped and it was a very good funeral (as far as you can say funerals are "good"). Plus, Mr. Curly looked especially handsome in his new suit.
The last time he wore a suit was to officiate a wedding, and I missed it because it was in Illinois and I was 8 months pregnant with Curly Girl.

My children went crazy last night after a day of no naps and nothing but sugar in the form of fresh fruit, fruit snacks and cookies to eat all day. They skipped the lasagna dinner. Curly Boy attempted to climb the mini-column on the entertainment center, then barrel rolled across the floor for no apparent reason while Curly Girl jumped on the couch.

We put the kids to bed a bit early. I was downstairs wrapping gifts when I hear feet pounding in the hallway. I go upstairs and before I can say anything, Curly Girl says "Nothing, Mama! I have to go potty!" But she won't tell me why she didn't call for me. This happens twice more and this morning she had toys on her bed that weren't there when I tucked her in the final time.

I officially hate a Christmas song - The Christmas Shoes.

I'm disappointed that my new snow boots won't be here until the 20th when I ordered them on the 8th. If I had known 4-5 days ground would take 12 days, I would've paid the extra $15 to have them here in 2-3 days.

We were snowed-in in Iowa over Saturday and most of Sunday with our in-laws, but it gave us a chance to see "Night at the Museum 2" and hook up and try out my new oven!

2 Christmas boxes are ready to ship and 2 more should be complete tonight. Are you ready to go to the post office, Mr. Curly?

Now that the crazy week is up, I get to clean my house tonight to get it ready for a showing (if any more people would like to see our house, that is).

This coming Sunday is our Christmas program. Curly Girl is learning her speech and Curly Boy likes to babble into the microphone. We're guessing he is saying "God bless us, everyone!"

No comments: