Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Taming of the Frizz: Honeycomb


Isn't it funny how one little comment can change your day?

There are a million bad examples - where your day just plummets uncontrollably because of someone's thoughtless words.

But Monday I had a pleasant surprise. I was talking with a student, and before we got off the phone he said "Thanks for your help," and called me by a shortened version of my name.
No biggie really, except very few people do that (I can only think of my family doing it regularly).
It made me smile. I don't know this kid from Adam, he was just one of thousands on campus, and one of many I talk to on the phone. But he was nice, and courteous and personable. I hope I came across as the same way to him.

Proverbs 16:24 says
Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

It reminds me of "You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar." (Which reminds me of NCIS when Zeva stated "You can catch more bees with honey" and Tony tries to correct her).

So, anyway, I think I'll challenge myself this week to give more honey to those around me. Who knows, it might just spread further than I think.

For more Taming of the Frizz, see here.

No comments: