Thursday, November 4, 2010

Food Challenge Hiatus

Ok, so I'll just be honest. I have absolutely no idea how much we spent on food last week, and possibly the week before that. I'm not even sure where I'm at with this challenge.

I know that last week, we only cooked with food we had on hand. That was awesome.

I also know, that travelling over the weekends and having limited stock in our weekend home has caused us to eat out more than we should.


Over the past 3 weeks we've been cleaning until midnight every night, packing, sorting, tossing through every room in the house to get it ready to go on the market. That means every receipt we find has gone in a large tub to be sorted and filed "in the new house."

So here's the deal. I still believe we can survive on $50 or less a week for groceries. I'm pretty sure we have been, in fact.
But until the craziness of cleaning until midnight every stinking night, driving back and forth on weekends, and everything else that goes with it ends, I won't be reporting on it.

I will keep challenging myself to say "Do we REALLY need that?" But I just can't keep track right now. If you need something to blame besides the crazy lifestyle, blame Curly Baby 3 who is insisting that I sleep, eat regularly, and sit down every so often to relax with the other two Curly Kids. :)

No comments: