Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Taming of the Frizz

Welcome to the weekly Taming of the Frizz. For an introduction, see here, for more Taming of the Frizz, see here.


Roy Smith makes an interesting statement:

"Paul lived in calm confidence that, if God led him to a door, God would also reduce the adversaries to manageable size before the apostle had to deal with them."


Do you think Roy Smith thought about David and Goliath? (For fun on this Bible story, see here)

Goliath was NOT reduced to a manageable size before David arrived. However, David conquered the giant and won the war for Israel.


Maybe it isn't so much that God knocks our problems down to a manageable size, or even that God gives us the solutions to the problems, but that God upholds us through those trials and facing of giants.


Honestly, I wish God would give me the solutions in advance. I wish I clearly heard God say, "This is the problem and here's what you're going to do to solve it." Or, better yet, "Here's what I will do to take it from you."


My faith has been shaken lately, but I know I have many people praying for me, and slowly but surely, I'm beginning to see some beauty again in all this frizziness. I don't feel I've been given any answers, I'm not sure that all the problems are solved, but Mr. Curly pulled up this verse last week:


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5


God may not always make his plans known to us, but He is always all-knowing.

No comments: