Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Casting the Frizz

Welcome to the weekly Taming of the Frizz. For an introduction, see here. For more Taming of the Frizz articles, click here.

So how have you been doing this week? Have you been delighting in the Lord?

It can be challenging, can't it? My dad used to always tell me that I chose my own attitude. No one made me angry, I chose to be angry. Oh how I hated when he would say that!

But I know it is true. I can choose to grumble about all the unknowns, or I can choose to delight in the blessings the Lord has given me.

I learned a new lesson as well. It is a whole lot easier to delight in the Lord, if you give Him all your cares and worries!

There is a chorus we used to sing in church
I cast all my cares upon You
I lay all of my burdens, down at Your feet
And anytime I don't know what to do
I will cast all my cares upon You

Casting, in fishing, is holding your fishing rod behind your head, then as hard as you can, flinging the tip of the rod forward, letting go of the reel button at just the right time. The photo and a better explanation can be found here.

The hardest part for me is knowing when to let the button go. It's also the most crucial part, as it determines how far your line will go. If you hold on too long, it all ends right up at your feet.


That's not where our cares should be. We shouldn't keep them at our feet, tripping us up every time we try to take a step. All cares should be laid at Jesus's feet. He knows what to do with them.

It's my prayer this week, as more big decisions need to be made in the Curly household. I pray that God will help me let go of that button at just the right time, so my cares land at His feet, where He can deal with them.

No comments: