Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My personal vice

There are 2 things you should know about me if you already don't:
1) I'm an emotional eater.  Happy? Let's celebrate with food!  Sad? Let's commiserate with food! Angry? I'm going to eat until I'm sick to forget what I'm angry about.
2) Pepsi gets me through anything.  Sleepy days, parties, conversations I don't want to have, long busy days.... and honestly, I just love drinking it while I'm sitting around relaxing.  The bigger the Pepsi, the tougher the day I'm having.  It's my vice.

Everybody has a vice.  Everybody. And if they tell you they don't, they're lying (which might be their vice).
Everybody has something they turn to to cope.

Sometimes its a good thing (exercise, reading, working), sometimes its not so good (eating or drinking too much or things that aren't good for you, beating yourself up mentally).

But what if your vice was God? What if every time you found yourself running low, or struggling to cope, or wanting to celebrate, you turned to God?

The Bible tells us in Philippians 4:6-7 to bring everything to God with thanksgiving and without worry.  And if we do so, His perfect peace will invade our life.

Perfect peace.  Sounds nice, doesn't it?

Why don't we start today? Why don't you join me in making God the personal vice of choice?

No comments: