Monday, January 14, 2013

Did the plan work? As a point of fact, it didn't.

Oh the plan was grand.  GRAND I tell ya!

Here was the plan:  Friday night the Curly Kids chose what cereal they would want for breakfast for themselves the next morning.  We poured it into bowls, put lids on the bowls (and I thought we were done with the Gerber baby bowls), laid out fruit bars, and filled cups of milk, labeled them, and lined them up on the lowest shelf in the fridge.
Then we picked out a movie - thankfully it was a VHS (yes, we still have a VCR for all those classic Disney movies my parents passed on to me).  We put it ALMOST all the way into the VCR.
Before Mr. Curly and I went to bed, we switched the TV input to VCR, set the volume at a reasonable level and shut the TV off.

The plan was, when the kids woke up, they'd push the movie in, turn on the TV, get their breakfast, and settle down for 2 hours of blissful AristoCats entertainment while I slept in.

This could have worked.  IF Curly Girl had gotten up first.  Or possibly even if Curly Boy had gotten up first.  But no, instead of either of those children waking up at 6:30 and starting their movie, Curly Baby began screaming at 6:00.

So instead of sleeping in until at least 8:00, I was up at 6:00 a.m., on a Saturday, with a screaming baby.

Ugh.

But, we'll try it again next Saturday.  Because I'm convinced the theory is sound.


Post title and final sentence from "The Ghost and the Darkness."

No comments: