Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Time Is Here!

Actually, Christmas is here!
This year has been one of growth and discovery and new traditions and reworking old ones.... all since Thanksgiving!

As a child, I LOVED Christmas Eve.  I'd sleep in, play all day, watch Christmas movies, anticipate all the yummy food and great gifts I'd get the next day....

I never gave one thought to what my mom was doing that day.

And pretty much since Mr. Curly and I have been married, we've been with family on Christmas Eve, NOT at our house, so I still haven't had to really change my idea that Christmas Eve was anything but a fun day.

Until yesterday.  While the Curly Kids played (with gifts they had received from the lovely church who blessed us this year), and watched Christmas movies and begged for candy and cookies, I cleaned.  And cleaned.  And cleaned.  And packed (because we are seeing family this year, just not today). 

And baked.  I made cheesecake!  I still don't know how it turned out, we'll find that out later this afternoon.  For my first cheesecake I attempted pecan pie cheesecake.  It overflowed in the oven, it cracked, but smelled good, so we'll see.

Anyway, Christmas Eve was a work day.  But so far, it has been completely worth it.  Today has been wonderful.  And will continue to be wonderful.

And I'll write more later.

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: