Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012!!

National Novel Writing Month begins today! Are YOU ready?

I will be participating again this year.  Last year I wrote 18,554 words over the month of November.  Since the goal is 50,000, I don't feel like I did all that well, but I still enjoyed the challenge.

While I am working on my NF book right now, it has gone back to research stage, so I've decided to continue the research while I challenge myself to write a 50,000 word novel.  I have an idea in mind and will begin writing this afternoon or evening.

To make a full 50,000 words in 30 days, you have to write 1,667 words a day.  Last year that took me roughly 2 hours a day.  I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get up at 5:30 to run, get my chores done, run a paper route, cook meals, play with my kids, work on Christmas gifts and fit in 2 hours of writing every day.  My beloved Pepsi might become indispensable!! Ha!

I will be using Yarny again this year to keep track of my writing.  If you're participating, I highly recommend you check it out.  It's online, it saves your work every 30 seconds, to quote Harry Potter "It's brilliant!"  I don't have to remember my jumpdrive, or have my own computer - just a borrowed laptop and an internet connection and I can write wherever I am. (And no, I don't get paid to promote them.)

Wish me luck - and good luck yourself (if you're joining)!

No comments: