Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm so gonna get fired

Can you fire an independent contractor?  I'm sure you can.  Would you if you had no idea if you'd be able to replace them?
Probably.

I run a newspaper route.  It's an afternoon route that takes 20 minutes by myself, and around 45 with the kids.

For the fourth time (I think) I've called and told the paper "Um, I'm not going to be in town on such and such a day."  Once I left for three weeks!

Needless to say, when I called yesterday afternoon, they did not sound happy.

I'm not entirely sure what the vacation rules are for an independent contractor, but I do know, that while I enjoy the extra cash, I don't enjoy it so much as to not take off with my family for a fun day.

Still, it wouldn't surprise me to not find papers on my porch one day soon....

No comments: