Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wisdom - what's it for?

I don't lie about having control issues.  I do much better when there is a plan and that plan is followed.  I get anxious when there is a time to start put on something and then we run late through no fault of our own.

I've been thinking a lot about favorite Bible verses, and how great it is to have one.  I particularly like John 10:10b "I have come that they may have life more abundant."

But lately, I've been praying 1 Kings 3:9a.  It's the verse in my profile "Give your servant a discerning heart.... to distinguish between right and wrong."  This is part of King Solomon's prayer for wisdom.

I keep thinking, maybe if I have wisdom, I'll know what to do.  And if I always know what to do, then things won't get too out of control.

Do you think it will work?  Mr. Curly just chuckles when I shared this with him.  It is kind of funny. 
And it led me to a question - what is wisdom?  Is wisdom knowing everything?  Or is wisdom knowing when to admit you have no idea what the answer is, no idea what to do, or how things should be and follow and trust God anyway?

I believe it's the second.  I believe wisdom is following and trusting God.  I wish it was as easy to do as it is to say.

No comments: