Monday, July 30, 2012

Is it the heat?

So here at "Curly By Nature" we're supposed to have a little weekly post called Taming of the Frizz.  As regular readers will notice, I haven't really been doing that.

Is it because I'm not learning anything? No.  Is it because I don't want to share?  No.  Is it the heat?

Hm.  Maybe.

You know how it is.  Its a hundred degrees outside and you just don't want to move a muscle - even finger muscles to type.

But there also seems to be a spiritual heat.  I keep finding myself more and more worked up over little things I read and see.  I either get angry that a "christian" would say or do that sort of thing.  Or I'm saddened by someone's decision to no longer believe in God because of what they are seeing around them.

And amidst this spiritual heat, I'm trying to keep my cool.  To "keep calm and carry on" as the (ever growing in popularity) phrase says.  I'm trying to remember what Jesus would do, what Jesus does.  I'm trying to love not only the lovely, but also the unlovely.  I'm trying to encourage the discouraged.  To give grace and mercy unconditionally even when the conditions don't make it easy.  And with trying to love, encourage, and give grace and mercy, comes keeping my mouth shut.

I saw a bumper sticker at the county fair that said "FAITH makes things POSSIBLE, not easy."

Isn't that the truth?

I feel today that this spiritual heat is something that is probably shared by quite a few.  I'm not the only one trying to find ways to stay cool.

So I've decided, maybe instead of trying to write a blog about what I've learned, what I'm struggling with, something to do with ME, that instead, I will post what GOD says about our lives and all those lives encompass.

We begin, with this (and this is a Godliness, Contentment, Character verse we use here at home too, just so you know)

Colossians 3:12-15 (condensed by me - please feel free to follow the link and read the whole thing!)
As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with: compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you. Over these virtues put on love.  Let the peace of Christ rule your heart.  And be thankful."

No comments: