Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hens keep on making those eggs!

I am not an egg fan.  Hardboiled, deviled or egg salad, fine, but any other way.... eeehhh, not so much.

Mr. Curly enjoys an over-easy egg each morning for breakfast.  He mentioned this to a couple of people who raise chickens at our church, and now we rarely buy eggs.  It's a pretty good deal.

Only, for the past few weeks, we were given eggs, eggs went on sale, and Mr. Curly hasn't been eating eggs for breakfast.  Which found me with 4 dozen eggs in my fridge.

What in the world am I to do with 4 dozen eggs?!

Enter Paula Deen's Omeletes for a Crowd.

I whipped up 10 eggs with salt and pepper, a little milk, colby jack cheese, ham, sauteed mushrooms, and roasted red peppers.  Poured them into 4 bags and boiled for 12 minutes.

Angels sang.

Eggs.  Who knew eggs could not taste like eggs and fill you up so completely?  Curly Girl and Boy ate without complaining or crying, Mr. Curly was full of compliments, and even Curly Baby didn't throw his plate on the floor.

Add to these angel egg bag omelets some quickly whipped up drop biscuits (I had no time for kneading, rolling and cutting biscuits, as Mr. Curly had to be at a teen event at 6:15) with butter and homemade apple jelly and oh my word what a meal!

So bag omelets, yeah, I can do that.  Next time we find ourselves with so many eggs and not a lot else, we're going to try pizza omelets - pepperoni, canadian bacon, mushrooms, mozzarella, and a little marina sauce on top.

Once the kids are in bed - pound cake.

No comments: