Wednesday, May 16, 2012

GCC - Godliness

This is tough.  I never thought writing on Godliness would be this hard.  Maybe because once I started trying to explain it to someone outside our home, it wasn't so much godliness as most understand it that we were going for, but more putting God first!

In Matthew, Jesus is asked what is the most important of all the commandments.  "Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.""

So when I am teaching godliness to my children, I am teaching them how important a personal relationship with God is.  That He is the first you turn to in good times and bad, that you should spend time memorizing His word, talking with Him, and listening to Him.

Yesterday morning I read in 1 John 2:6 "Whoever claims to live in Him must live as Jesus did."

And doesn't that just lead us straight into Character?

No comments: