Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I don't think I'm ready for this....

I have to be the last blogger in the blogging universe (I know there is one word for that two word phrase, but my brain won't come up with it right now) to deal with the new year.
Oh well, it just means you get one last new year post before turning back to the same old everyday stuff, right?

We spent New Year's Eve working on church stuff.  After a week at the in-laws, we came home Saturday night to a lot of work to do, and went to bed by 11:00.  We celebrated the new year with New York.

I'm thankful for so much in 2011 - the birth of our third baby, Mr. Curly's full-time permanent pastor-ship here in Iowa, staying at home with my curly kids, new friends, a new nephew.....

And while there are many things to look forward to in 2012, there is so much I'm not ready for.

I'm not ready to celebrate the fact that Curly Baby will be 1. Which means Curly Boy will be 3 and Curly Girl will turn 5. FIVE!!! Where have the last five years gone?
I'm not ready to face the fact that I will have been a stay at home mom for a year. This shouldn't be such a big deal, but I had really big goals set for my first year of just-mommyhood, and I don't feel anywhere close to them.

I'm not ready to be another year older.  I think I'm refusing birthdays from now on.

I just don't know that I'm ready to face another year, and all the ups and downs that year will bring.

BUT, I am completely and totally ready to be surprised by God's blessings, to celebrate NINE years with the amazing Mr. Curly, to make a ton of memories with my kids as they all hit new markers in life, to see just how close to June Cleaver I can be, and to grow closer to God and my family each and every day.

So - happy new year - welcome 2012.  Hit me with your best shot.

1 comment:

betty said...

The nice thing is we don't face the new year alone. We got God right alongside us who knows what will happen in the days ahead and will guide us if we continue to put our trust in him and seek his will. It does sound like 2011 was a good one for you; I'm thinking with the love of your family and the grace of God, 2012 will be an awesome one too!

betty