Thursday, December 1, 2011

You must be tired from running through my mind all day.....

Otherwise entitled: Pick Up Lines That Make Me Want To Write.

Feeling nostalgic today, I decided to flip through my college senior yearbook.  In the junior section, they listed Sure Fire pick-up lines that, for some odd reason, I found strangely inspiring to write.  Maybe I'll finish that novel after all.
  • Your eyes are blue as window cleaner.
  • Have you always been this cute or did it take some work?
  • Do you have a name or can I call you mine?
  • Wouldn't we look cute on a wedding cake together?
  • You should be someone's wife.
  • (For the ladies) Excuse me, I believe one of your ribs belongs to me.
  • No, I'm not coveting, I intend to make you mine.
  • What do you think Paul meant when he said, "Greet everyone with a kiss?"
  • So you're a girl huh?
  • My love for you is like diarrhea, I just can't hold it in.
  • If you were a booger, I'd pick you.
  • Are we related?  Do you want to be?
  • I may not be the best looking guy here, but I'm the only one talking to you. (This one is my personal favorite)
  • Wow!  Are you really as beautiful as you seem or do you remind me of myself? (second runner up)
  • HI, the voices inside of my head told me to com over and talk to you.
  • You are just truly absolutely beautiful!  Can you cook and clean also?
  • I have only three months to live....
  • Sweetheart, you make me wanna get a job. (Ok, this one just took the grand prize!)

And my  novel is just shy of 19,000 words. Thanksgiving break killed my momentum.  I obviously didn't make the November 30th deadline, but maybe I can write 30,000 words in December?

No comments: