Feeling nostalgic today, I decided to flip through my college senior yearbook. In the junior section, they listed Sure Fire pick-up lines that, for some odd reason, I found strangely inspiring to write. Maybe I'll finish that novel after all.
- Your eyes are blue as window cleaner.
- Have you always been this cute or did it take some work?
- Do you have a name or can I call you mine?
- Wouldn't we look cute on a wedding cake together?
- You should be someone's wife.
- (For the ladies) Excuse me, I believe one of your ribs belongs to me.
- No, I'm not coveting, I intend to make you mine.
- What do you think Paul meant when he said, "Greet everyone with a kiss?"
- So you're a girl huh?
- My love for you is like diarrhea, I just can't hold it in.
- If you were a booger, I'd pick you.
- Are we related? Do you want to be?
- I may not be the best looking guy here, but I'm the only one talking to you. (This one is my personal favorite)
- Wow! Are you really as beautiful as you seem or do you remind me of myself? (second runner up)
- HI, the voices inside of my head told me to com over and talk to you.
- You are just truly absolutely beautiful! Can you cook and clean also?
- I have only three months to live....
- Sweetheart, you make me wanna get a job. (Ok, this one just took the grand prize!)
And my novel is just shy of 19,000 words. Thanksgiving break killed my momentum. I obviously didn't make the November 30th deadline, but maybe I can write 30,000 words in December?