Friday, December 23, 2011

Curly Dinner Theater

We made homemade pizza last night.  This in and of itself is no big deal, we do that at least once a week.  The Curly Kids love it.  They like helping measure out to make the dough (if they're awake, lots of times this step is done during nap time), they like putting the toppings on, they enjoy sitting in front of the oven watching the pizza bake, and they love eating the pizza.

Last night was no different.  I started rolling out dough, and Curly Girl came in and asked "Can I help you put macaroni on it?"
She meant pepperoni.  We've started having a macaroni/pepperoni mix-up ever since we had friends over for pizza, and their little girl mixed it up.  It is really very cute how they learn from each other.

So in order to teach her the difference, I sang "Pepperoni starts with p, just like pizza made for me..."  I did the whole song, to this tune:  (and yes, I know this is a classical song, but with a 4 year old, 2 year old and baby in my home, this is the version I hear the most often)



And then, while we placed the pepperoni (the previous song was sung during the rolling out of dough and spreading of sauce) we sang "Place your pepperoni, in a ring right here" to the tune of Woolly Bully.  During the grating and sprinkling of cheese we sang "This is how we use the cheese grater.... put the cheese against the holes, and scrape it down and it shreds, shreds the cheese so fine" to "That's the sound of the men working on the chain gang."

I need to work in some good country songs to my revue, but this wasn't a bad start.

1 comment:

rach said...

Jaidyn calls it macaroni too!