Friday, July 15, 2011

Shifting paradigms

I've been dealing with some serious issues over why I'm sitting at home when there are so many things I could do elsewhere. Yesterday, Mr. Curly told me I had two jobs - Mom and Wife - and that I should focus on those as my jobs at this time.

I adore my kids and I get out of the house at least 4 days a week, usually 5 days, so I don't have cabin fever. I have friends and projects and of course, my kids, to keep me busy. But sometimes I feel like I'm not really contributing to anything important.


A friend from high school posted this on facebook, and when I found myself defending some of those "important" things, I was honestly horrified at myself. So now, I'm reading this every day and praying seriously for God to help my paradigm shift, for my focus to be more on Him and my family and less what I should be doing in the world.


Motherhood Is a Calling (And Where Your Children Rank)

No comments: