Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why, yes, these pants are lycra.

First - apologies to anybody who thought this would be a super cool post about rock stars, their music or their clothes.
This post is actually about Curly Girl's new curtains.
With the move, Curly Girl went from one window, to three. And she has also started waking up with the sun just a hint on the horizon. This meant the sheer hot pink curtains from her room in SD were really not going to work.

Since she is 3 and 1/2, I decided to use her input to decide what type of curtains she wanted. I'll give you three guesses, and the first two don't count.

Yep, that's right, like all little girls, she wants princess curtains.

But store bought Disney Princess curtains can be kind of expensive, so I decided to make them myself.

While Curly Girl says she wants a purple and green room, the material she picked (after looking at a multitude of purple and green princess options) is, of course, pink.

Why, yes, these curtains have finished seams AND are lined (something I hardly ever do, even with clothes I make). Because someday, when my granddaughter wants princess curtains, I'd like these to be an option.



Post title from "Stranger Than Fiction."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job. I am impressed!

Mom