Friday, March 18, 2011

Routine? What Routine?

I used to have a great routine. Wake up at 6:30, gone for work from 7:30-5:30. Supper prep and eating 5:30-6:30 or so. Playing with the kids from 6:30 or so to 7:30. 7:30 bath routine, book reading, teeth brushing, kids in bed by 8:00. 8:00-9:00 clean, 9:00-10:00 relax. 10:00 bed. Do it all again.
Saturdays were laundry day.
Sundays were church day.

And now, well, now I'm up around 7:00, I shower, we have breakfast. And then things fall apart. I try to clean, I try to unpack. Lunch is around 12:30. But laundry never stops! I was supposed to just clean sheets on Wednesday and ended up doing 5 loads of laundry! I got the dining room clean and the bathroom clean, but nothing done in the kitchen.

I do have a daily/weekly/monthly cleaning schedule, but with the amount of boxes around I haven't been able to really stick to it yet. And it's driving me insane.

But I'll get there. As I sit here writing this, I'm supposed to be unpacking the kitchen. It's getting better. I need to find my step stool so I can get the candy items in the cabinet above the fridge. Who thought that cabinets above a fridge were a good idea? They're ridiculously hard to get to, but I suppose that stops us from eating too many sweets.

Anyway, I have no routine. And for once, I'm hesitant to set one up. Because pretty soon, Curly Baby will be here and I'll just have to re-do the whole thing.

So that's where we're at. The Curly Kids, thankfully, are extremely flexible and easy going and are taking everything in stride. I love them to pieces for that.

No comments: