Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Taming of the New Year

Or maybe, more appropriately, Taming of the New You.

I am not a resolutions person. I've never been very good at coming up with anything original and personal. My resolutions always revolved around weight, exercise, Bible study, time in prayer, all good things, but generic things.

And this year, even though Mr. Curly preached on it Sunday, I have absolutely no goals.

I'll admit it, I'm Scarlett O'Hara right now. "I won't think about it today, I'll think about it tomorrow."

But, for those ambitious folks out there with goals and resolutions, who aim to be a better person before the year is out, there are these words:

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: the old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ."
2 Corinthians 5:17-18a

So remember, God has taken the old - the old you, the old year, the old problems, the old regrets, the old decisions - and wiped them clean. It's a new year, a new you, and a new chance to follow Him.

No comments: