Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I have a baby in my tummy too!

Every time I tell Curly Girl I have a baby in my tummy, she insists she has one too. She even told me she has TWO babies! My response is always "Oh how fun! We'll be mama's together. And wow, 2? You're going to be busy!"

Yesterday she heard the baby's heartbeat, and since I couldn't see her face, I wasn't really sure if she got it.

Last night I had yet another sinus headache (they happen regularly when I'm pregnant, though these seem worse than usual) and told Curly Girl that. She said "No, no tummy ache, it's a baby." I laughed a little. "No, Sweet Pea, my tummy is fine. My head hurts."

She seemed to accept this, though she was upset I wouldn't play chase, we moved on. A couple of minutes later she put a ball in her shirt and said "Look, I have a baby in my tummy!"

I almost died laughing. It was just too cute. She pulled the ball out (a clear one with a plastic dinosaur inside) and said "Oh, what a cute baby." And then proceeded to throw it across the room.

I hoping she threw it because pretend time was over and it was time to play ball.

I'm looking forward to taking her to an ultrasound.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this! It will be exciting to see how she responds to a new baby.

Mom