Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Weekly Taming of the Frizz: Strength

I generally write my Taming of the Frizz blogs on Tuesdays, sometimes earlier if I just have something really good.

This week's blog is written Tuesday afternoon, with these lyrics playing over and over in my head

Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow,
I've never been more homesick than now.

These are lyrics from Mercy Me's Homesick. The rest of the song is awesome, but really doesn't apply to me much today. But today, today I could really use some strength. Today I would much rather be at home, cleaning, cooking, cuddling with my kids, than be at work and dealing with all it entails.

I know everyone has these days, where they just wish they could be somewhere else and they have no idea how they will continue on with what must be done.
Hebrews 13:5-6 gives us this:

God has said "I will never leave you, nor forsake you."
So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid."

What about you? Can you say with confidence "God is here, I do not fear?" I know there are many times when my answer is "God, you're here, but I'm still afraid, I'm still tired, I still lack strength to go on."
The great thing is - God is our helper! That means, when we're afraid, He is brave for us, when we are tired, He has our caffeine, when our strength is gone, He is still going strong and can carry us through to the end.

God being our helper is like Him being the best friend you can ever hope for, one that is there no matter what, who loves you no matter what.

So I claim that today, this week: God, you're my helper, I will not be afraid. I will let you be my strength.

No comments: