Saturday, October 9, 2010

I'm not waiting forever to get those shoes!

So, awhile back, my sister-in-law found an awesome $1 shoe sale. And, being the marvelous girl she is, she bought shoes for both my babies. Curly Girl's are about 3 sizes too big, but we knew from the beginning that they would be stored in the closet until she grew into them. My sister-in-law is a stocker (read her post about it here).

She also bought Curly Boy 2 pairs of shoes - a pair of dress shoes, and a pair of Winnie the Pooh shoes that are just 1 size too big to use as play shoes.

Curly Boy rediscovered those shoes the other night. For about 15 minutes, he carried them around. Then, as I was fixing dinner, I noticed he was opening the velcro straps and trying to get his toes in them, so I helped him put his shoes on.

You should have seen his grin. He was so THRILLED to wear those shoes! When Mr. Curly came into the kitchen, Curly Boy ran over to him and held up his foot to show off the new shoe.

He wore them all evening and cried when we had to take them off for bed.

The next morning, he cried when Mr. Curly insisted he put on pants before the shoes.

It's awesome. I have a little man completely enthralled with shoes. I love it.

Post title from the Wizard of Oz.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It must have been the fact that they were a $1. Lucy did the same thing with one of her $1 pairs....but she pulls off all the others? hmmm... :)