Saturday, October 23, 2010

I think I want to be her....

Or at least, emulate her.

I've found a new site I love!

Today I introduce Jamie, the Very Worst Missionary. I found Jamie through reading Jesus Needs New PR, who I found through my friend Scot's site: That's with One T. Quite a route, huh?

Anyway, Jamie is hilarious and honest and insightful and makes me feel awful and awesome about myself and my life and everything I've been dealing with since July all at the same time.

I read all her archived posts over two days. One of my favorite so far? This post here . Oh, and this? Wow.

I love that honesty, and while, no, I'm not a missionary in a poor country surviving on nothing, I can relate to the feeling of "Are you sure you want ME, God?"

Her blog is everything I want mine to be - personal and funny, and yet so full of God's truth and applicable to others. Love it. Go, read it now, and find yourself laughing with tears running down your face and learning all at the same time.

*Disclaimer: Jamie is awesome, and real. So sometimes language, yeah, my mother wouldn't condone it. But PLEASE don't let that stand in the way of her great lessons on God and his love and grace and mercy.

No comments: