Thursday, September 30, 2010

Somewhere over the rainbow.....

Curly Girl's third birthday party was a success!

I created a Dorothy dress (is it wrong to cut out simplicity patterns while watching Project Runway?) and my mom bought her ruby slippers to wear.



The cake was pretty plain, definitely not what I had in mind, but it had to be able to travel 3 hours! And since we were running late, the decorations were done in less than 5 minutes. Not too shabby.




We got together with the cousins from my dad's side of the family and had a cookout at my aunt's house. We handed out Skittles, fairy wands and tinman axes (soon called battle axes). I believe everyone had a great time.


My niece with all the axes!

The biggest gift of the night was the new art easel from Granddad and Grandma. We can't wait to set it up in our new house!



Curly Girl especially enjoyed meeting some of her cousins for the first time and told me Saturday night that she missed her friends!

No comments: