Some people requested a food menu. I need to mess around with blogger a bit more to make this look professional, but here's the basic run-down of what we ate and if we had to buy ingredients for it or not. Unless lunch is specifically listed, it was leftovers or sandwhiches, as we don't eat lunch as a family on workdays, so there is no planned meal.
- Lunch: Subway - After a weekend of sickos, we just wanted a good sandwhich!
- Supper: Pizza, homemade. Bought: the crust mix ($1.06)
- Lunch: Chicken salad, grapes, doritos, string cheese, pudding packs. Bought: Chicken, rolls, grapes, chips (this was a special Labor Day lunch, $9.60)
- Supper: Mashed potatoes with beef stew on top, garlic bread. Bought - none of it, all was in our cabinet/freezer waiting to be eaten!
- Supper: Beef enchiladas, refried beans. Bought - tortillas (homemade the refried beans from a can of pinto beans found in the back of the cabinet while searching for a can of refried beans!)
- Supper: Papa John's, provided by district church planter Dan, for a special church service.
- Supper: Culvers - we had to make a "quick trip" to the Menards 45 minutes away for more house painting (this time inside) supplies. So we ate out. It's cheating a little, I know.
- Supper: Rotini chicken veggie casserole - a yum yum yummy meal we only had to buy the chicken for (Chicken: $2.71)
- Lunch: Grilled cheese, had it all on hand
- Supper: Applebees - this was a celebratory dinner that the outside work is finally done (house all painted plus touch ups, a/c units stored for the winter, garden cleaned up, summer flower beds cleaned, trees trimmed, barn painted and touch ups done, cars ready, summer lawn tools ready to be stored when the final lawn mowing is done). We've never been ready for winter this early before, so we treated ourselves!
So there you have it! Our week of meals and the money spent. Tune in next week to see if we continued this good streak!