Thursday, November 14, 2013

Oh oh oh it's magic!

Have you ever thought about bread?  
I adore bread - the taste, the texture, the smell.  I'm even starting to enjoy wheat bread now that I make it myself.

And it never ceases to amaze me at how little it really takes to make bread.

It's magical.  Since starting my bread business, I'm even more convinced of that.

Think about how it is made.

Flour - not something you eat plain.  Add water to it and you have glue.
BUT add a little butter, salt, and some yeast, let it rise, let it bake, and you have FOOD!

Food to eat plain to settle a hungry tummy in the middle of the night, toast when you're sick, jam for a treat, add some meat and cheese and have a meal on the go.  Breadcrumbs for birds, french toast, paninis, crumbs on a casserole for crunch.

I love being part of the magic every day when I bake bread for my family, my friends, and me.

No comments: