Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan....

Well, actually, I'm mixing up the dough and baking the bread.

Yep.  I started a home bread-baking business.

When I told Curly Girl about this on Monday (yes this is only my fourth day), she says "You got a job?!" Pause. "But not a real job."

I guess to my kids a "real job" is when you leave the house.  So in that sense, no, I don't have a real job.  But I am taking orders, baking extra, delivering bread.

So far, four days in, I love it.  I love to bake.  The consistency in ingredients, method, timing, that all appeals to me. And my house smells delicious and I can keep it that way without having to consume everything!

I have great friends who have already helped out by placing orders.  I have a logo and a facebook page.

But I have also learned, since I went to Walmart 3 days in a row, that I have no idea how to shop for a bread making business.  I'll have to work on that.

If you're in my area, and you're interested, check me out here.

No comments: