Monday, August 19, 2013

Waiting for the Tooth Fairy

"Mom! Momma?  My tooth fell out!"

I was awoken by those words this morning at 3:30.

See, Curly Girl's tooth became loose while we were on vacation at my parent's.  And she's been wiggling it and pushing it and showing everybody who smiles at her for a week now (yes, just a week).

And sometime in the middle of the night, it came completely out and when she woke up, she brought it to my room.

Remembering when I found my baby teeth in a Dixie cup on top of the fridge, I took Curly Girl to the kitchen.  We put the TINIEST TOOTH EVER in a little plastic cup and set it up on top of the fridge.  Then I told Curly Girl to go back to bed and we'd leave it under her pillow tonight for the Tooth Fairy.

Which made her start crying.  She wants to keep her teeth.  She's VERY upset that they are falling out to allow bigger ones in, because bigger ones mean she is growing up and she doesn't WANT to grow up.
Believe me, I don't want her to grow up either!

So tonight, in order to make her feel better about losing a tooth, we're going to write a letter to the Tooth Fairy requesting that she gets to keep her tooth.
It's only fair.  After all, I not only wrote the Tooth Fairy as a little girl, but got letters in response!

No comments: