Monday, December 12, 2011

Nostalgic windows....

Our 1912 home has the original windows in all the bedrooms.  Which I ADORE.  But, unlike the original windows in the SD house which were awesome, these let in tons of cold air.
It's something to be fixed, and is on the list.

Until then, I've found a way to use all those baby blankets I just can't bear to part with.  Well, five of them anyway.

Using spring rods, I chose 3 blankets for Curly Girl's room and 2 for the boys's rooms.  If Curly Girl had kept the Winnie the Pooh theme, we could've matched the extra quilts to her room decor, but since she's switched to princesses, that was a little harder to do.  Thankfully, when she was born, someone gave us these two gorgeous silk baby quilts.  We never actually used them as blankets - they were too beautiful! 


Her third window is covered by my favorite Winnie the Pooh quilt that has a pink backing (which of course is the side she wanted facing her room).

The boys's room has one quilt that matches the crib bedding.  The other quilt is a blue Winnie the Pooh quilt turned so the backing faces into the room, therefore matching the rocking chair covers.


It's a little odd looking, but at least the rooms are warmer!

1 comment:

betty said...

I think you were very creative to come up with something like this! It certainly is colorful and I like both themes for your son's and daughter's rooms and it certainly is a practical solution to keep the rooms warmer! I like it!

Enjoy the day!

betty