Friday, November 12, 2010

So I'll dance with Cinderella....

Well, in this case, it's Belle from Beauty and The Beast.

Most of our movies have gone down to Iowa, but we have a few left here. One of Curly Girl's favorite right now is "Beauty and The Beast."

Today, during the ball scene, when they sing the love song, Curly Girl asked me to dance with her. Usually this means holding one or both hands, while she jumps, sways and spins around. Today, just like Belle does to the Beast, Curly Girl took my hand and put it on her waist, then held my other hand and started stepping back and forth.

It was adorable and hilarious all at the same time.

She asked for a princess hat last weekend, out of the fleece we bought earlier that day. She has a princess wand, and a velvet shirt with a wide neck that she likes to wear just under her arms and call it her gown.

Every little girl should believe she's a princess. And if Curly Girl wants to be Princess Belle, well, that's just fine with me.

Post Title from "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman.

1 comment:

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

aww! That is so sweet...oh the things I miss with having boys!