Friday, September 24, 2010

Oh be careful little hands what you do....

So I've only done this once before, but I have to share a site I love:

Cakewrecks.com. True to their tagline, this is the site for "when professional cakes go horribly, hilariously wrong."

Jen comments daily on the "professional" disasters that bakeries try to pass off as legitimate cakes. Their commentary is hilarious, and the first time I stumbled across their site, I spent over 2 hours reading backlogs and fighting back insane fits of giggles and outright laughter.

My two favorite posts ever: Possibly the Most Depressing Cake I have ever seen and Don't Toy with me, Man. The "most depressing" is to me, most hilarious and "don't toy with me?" Well, read through, and pay careful attention to the little lamb riding out. I fell out of my chair laughing at that comment. It was a pretty giddy day, but still, makes me laugh every time.

Oh, and it has almost become imperative to me that I have this cake. I know third babies don't get baby showers, you already have everything you need, right? But LOOK at this! How stinkin' awesome is that?

Anyone know a bakery that won't screw it up?

This site inspires me to try just a teensy bit harder whenever I make my children's birthday cakes, which have come out like this:


Curly Girl's First Birthday: (it's a lion, ok? Only the homemade fondant didn't stiffen up the way I thought it would for the mane)


Curly Girl's Second Birthday (we did two, one at Nanny and Papa's and cupcake turtles at home, the orange turtle went to the neighbors who had graciously donated eggs to the cake!)








And Curly Boy's first birthday (my mom did all the hand piping to make him furry!)





Post title from Sunday School song: Be Careful Little Eyes

No comments: